During the busiest month of the summer schedule, Sofia airport is offering more direct flights on routes and new opportunities for connections.
In August 2010 compared to August 2009, an increase in weekly frequencies have the following destinations:
• Kiev – Ukrainian airline AeroSvit, the last season landing twice weekly at Sofia airport, from Aug. 1 is with a daily direct flight to the Ukrainian capital. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays VV205/206 flight will land in Sofia 16:15 local time and takes off at 16:55. Tuesday and Thursday arrival in the Ukrainian capital is at 16:00, the return flight takes off at 16:50. In Sunday AeroSvit will arrive at Sofia airport at 16:40 and depart to Kiev at 17:25. All flights are fulfilled by Embraer 145 aircraft.
• Vienna – there is over 20% increase of scheduled flights from Sofia airport to one of the most popular traveling destinations, compared to the previous year. During this season, Austrian Airlines is carrying 31 flights a week, Bulgaria Air offers four flights weekly to one of the most popular routes, and after the released from bankrupt Sky Europe, the six frequencies of Fly NIKI have filled the low-cost airlines market niche.
• Madrid – 1/3 more are the flights Sofia-Madrid. With the biggest number of flights remains Bulgaria Air – totally planned 40 for the month. Wizz Air and Easy Jet are with 3 flights weekly from Terminal 1.
• Warsaw – the Polish airline LOT has added to its daily frequency to Sofia airport two flights in the early morning every Monday and Thursday. Departure at 06:05 local time, providing convenient links for transatlantic transfer of airline routes from Warsaw.
August 2010 differs from August 2009 also with the newly schedules to:
• Eindhoven, Bouvet Paris, Frankfurt Hahn and Bologna Forli – Wizz Air performs 3 flights weekly for each of these destinations;
• Copenhagen – every Thursday and Sunday afternoon by the Danish low-cost airline Cimber Sterling.
At Sofia airport there are 23 airlines having regular flights to 41 destinations.
Every day there are two flights from Sofia to Athens, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Budapest, Prague, Rome.
Three flights daily to Munich, and to Frankfurt – four flights each day (3 operated by Lufthansa and 1 by Bulgaria Air).
From Sofia Airport to London depart daily four flights:
- One operated by Bulgaria Air and one by British Airways, with numerous opportunities for overseas connections at the newly opened Terminal 5, London Heathrow;
- Easy Jet flies daily to the second major airport in the British capital – Gatwick, from November will be added three more frequencies weekly in Thursday, Saturday and Sunday;
- Wizz Air offers daily flights with attractive prices to Luton Airport, located 30 minutes by train from central London.
The winter schedule of Sofia airport will offer more than 10,000 passenger seats each week on the route to and from London, with a choice of three airports, convenient hours of arrival and departure, and competitive rates as well.
You can get more information about the new destinations in our offices in Sofia: tel. 003592955 9237, 9983, and in Varna: tel. 0035952648288, or send your request to e-mail: info @ boiana-mg.com